Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:39:07 -0700
From:         Chris Radcliffe <chrisr_vanagon@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Oh Boy! Tire Thread!  (was RE: Michelin LTX/MS 215/75R15 tires...)

OK, apologies in advance...

I think I actually started the last tire thread. So, I'll hitch-hike on this one...

Last time I asked for feedback from those with real-deal experience with the GoWesty HydroEdge solution... 16"x7.5 215/60-16...and touched off the usual firestorm regarding the load rating, or max load rating less than 1580 lbs. Unfortunately, I received no actual responses to my question in the thread. On the other hand, direct emails to past GoWesty customers (contacts listed on their website) yielded very positive responses.

Now, with the current thread lauding the 215/75R15 LTX, at a diameter of 27.7, I took another look at the HydroEdge spec sheet: Michelin offers the HydroEdge as a 215/65R16 rated 98T with a max load rating of 1653@44...at a diameter of only 26.8.

Now...the $64 question: will this tire measure up?

ChrisR in SF