Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:32:41 -0400
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Poptop Heaven (Again?)
Comments: To: rrecardo@webtv.net

I am "patient zero" on the PTH thread.(check the archives for my e-mail and "6000" in the subject line) I asked PTH for an apraisal on my Syncro Westfalia and got an offer of $6000 because it was not stock. That's it, end of story.

I'm not saying PTH is great and I'm not saying PTH is shady. They just lowballed me on my van, that is it. A lot of listees jumped on board and yeah PTH got slammed for lowballling me, but no one on the thread had ever delt with PTH as far as I know.

The only other thing I CAN say about PTH is that Ken Wilford from www.vanagain.com recently said he was teaming up with them to start distributing on the East Coast. Now Ken Wilford is someone I have met, delt with, know and trust.

Bottom line is I have no opinion on PTH one way or the other, and I am not aware of anyone on the list that has dealt with them so I doubt you will get an opinion from anyone who has actually dealt with them..

Ken Wilford is another story. He's great and a pleasure to deal with. A ton of listees would likely say the same thing. So if you're dealing with Ken rest easy.

Chris

On 10/27/05, Robert Cardo <rrecardo@webtv.net> wrote: > I have a quick question for you folks out on the west coast, and maybe > know something about this outfit. > > It's a shady place, right? > > Anyone know anything about Kyle Lapp, ( what a name) or Chris > Nelson that allegidly own's/operates the place? > > It sure seems to me that I caught some bad tidings on the list regarding > this specific emporium not too awfully long ago. > > > Thanks Much, >