Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:49:26 -0700
From:         Ken Sid <waterboxer@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      rear brake cylinder replacement / bleeding

Hi all

The rear left (drivers side) brake cylinder has failed and started puking out brake fluid. I have purchased new pad and cylinders for both sides and a new spring kit. Yesterday I removed and reinstalled all the components on the passenger side and today I will do the drivers side. Without a Bentley's I have a few question's about bleeding the system. 1. Does this system have two independent hydraulic systems. 2. Having replaced both rear cylinders do I have to bleed the front calipers as well. ( the reservoir looks dry/empty so I would assume I have to bleed everything) 3. What is the order that all four wheels have to be bled in? rear right / rear left / front right / front left.??

Thanks

Ken Sidorchuk Vancouver, BC Canada. 85 Vanagon GL - Goldie 250,000 km ------------------------- ------------------------- "Any splelling errors are typos. Grammatical erros is because I don't bosther."