Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:45:17 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: alt light stays on after a cold start
Comments: To: ScotiaWesty <ScotiaWesty@ADELPHIA.NET>

The operation you are describing is normal. The alternator needs to reved slightly to start the charging process, (kicking in they call it.) This is more pronounced in the campers due to the refrigerator relay loading down the field circuit. When warm, you are not seeing this as the after start idle along with a slightly higher battery voltage is high enough to kick in the alternator without your assistance.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: ScotiaWesty <ScotiaWesty@ADELPHIA.NET> Date: Saturday, November 5, 2005 10:48 am Subject: alt light stays on after a cold start