Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:50:30 -0800
From:         Michael Diehr <md03@XOCHI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help diagnose Cinco
Comments: To: Ken Lewis <kdlewis_wating_time@allvantage.com>

On Nov 7, 2005, at 7:10 AM, Ken Lewis wrote:

> Michael, > The spark has to be going somewhere. You did not state if you > replaced the > distributor cap, rotor and wires. I would definitely do so.

The wires are about 6 months old, cap & rotor are brand new from a good source.

Ken -- before the engine died on me it was running fine at high rpms (i.e. able to get 18 mpg in an automatic @ 65mph). Idled poorly but did run. So if this is the problem, it's a long-term one and not the acute problem that left me stranded. When you say "It is possible to pull out the drive gear and re-orient but risky" are you talking about the distributor gear or the cam gear?