Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:15:03 -0500
From:         John Reddick <SVYOLO@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheels/tires for travel
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

XCA's were the tires that got me most of the way back to WA. I got lucky and found them in a Tire store in Whitehorse. They were awesome and would be my first choice in 14 inch tires for the trip. They are 8 ply rated and the load rating is something like 2200-2300 lbs. Their tread pattern blows for driving in snow, the rest of the year they were great. They showed almost no wear after 25K miles. I would still prefer 15's as they are easier to find, but XCA's would be my first choice (of the tires I've driven on - 6 sets) for 14's. It is recommended that you have 2 spares (I, being smarter or cheaper than the recommender, only had one). One rock destroyed the front and then the back tire on the pax side. It's an awesome trip, go for it no matter what tires you have.

John 87 Westy SVX