Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:47:48 EST
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      85L gas tank was Re: dealer for some South African parts

In a message dated 11/12/2005 5:28:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, kimbrennan@MAC.COM writes:

>>Bah, 85 liter fuel tank....but not for Syncros. :(

Yeah, I actually saw that 85 L tank and it didn't compute. But now as I do the quick math the 85 Liter gas tank for the two wheel drive Vanagon is about 22.45 gallons if I'm not mistaken, compaired to the stock 2WD Vanagon gas tank which is 15.9 gallions.

So let's say with the "16" gallon tank at 20 MPG you have a highway cruising distance of 320 miles--at 19 MPG you can cruise 304 miles.

With the 85 Liter ("22" gallon) tank you could crusie 440 miles at 20 MPG and 418 at 19MPG.

Tank MPG Cruising Distance

16 gallon 20 320 miles 16 gallon 19 304 miles

22 gallon 20 440 miles 22 gallon 19 418 miles

That's kind of sweet.

I think if the tank is 430 Euros that translates to $503 approximately.

All calculations subject to change because I'm not too bright.

I really haven't heard much talk of these larger gas tanks. But maybe I've just missed it. And tha't not to say I have the kind of Euros a guy needs to affrod one.

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA, CA