Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:14:48 -0800
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: more x-refs for my 851.9L parts inventory
Comments: To: TC <trclark@shaw.ca>

026 903 015 B = AL27X (Same as 025 903 023 D or E) 026 903 015 BV = AL33X 026 903 017 BV = AL33X Note: The 015BV and 017BV are a NEW alternator replacement from Bosch/VW for either AL27X or AL33X, usually sold at the rebuilt price w/o a Core Deposit Charge. Bosch further notes that the AL33X *can* be used in place of AL27X as a replacement for the appropriate Vanagon 1.9 & 2.1 originally equipped with AL27X. The difference between the two alternators is that the AL33X has what is known as the B19 + W plug configuration, whereas the AL27X has only the B19 configuration. This is why the *can use* goes one way, 27 to 33 and NOT vice-versa. To see these plug configurations, go to this link: http://www.bus-boys.com/charging91.html I did this page layup for Bus Boys about 9 years ago for their catalog and eventual website. What does the "W" terminal do? I dunno, never bothered to find out, I just know that it exists. Essentially, the AL33X replaces all Wbxr Vanagons with the B19 configurations. As far as an interchange posted on the web somewhere, I don't know of one, but I'm sure "partial" ones can be found if you search hard enough. I have been engaged in an on-going project for the past couple of years to do just that - a comprehensive interchange from VW to Bosch and vice-versa in Excel. Being busy with maintaining the Bosch Ignition Distributors page as well as a bunch of other stuff on my site has prevented the completion as soon as I would like. It will be available in two formats - Excel Sheet and the Excel Sheet as a PDF. Stay Tuned. -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com ********************************** On 11/16/05, TC <trclark@shaw.ca> wrote: > > thx for the hall sender audi 4000 X-ref vanagon you guys are invaluable :) > > Now I need some more x-refs on alternators > there is a ebay seller in van bc that just found out about a local > start/alternator rebuild shop that went outa biz > hes blowing out some 200+ rebuilt alternators for 39.95 > he listed these audi part numbers > Ref # A6711, 14396 026 903 015B > are these the same as the bosch al33x > and I assume since gowesty sells al33x for 83-91 that > all i need you guys to confirm is that this is just AL33X > > > ps. instead of bugging you guys is there some internet x-ref > for all part numbers somewhere or x-ref specfic to the vanagons ?