Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:29:42 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: more x-refs for my 851.9L parts inventory
Comments: To: TC <trclark@SHAW.CA>

The AL27x and AL33x are genuine Bosch rebuild replacement numbers. The original difference between the 2 types that came on waterboxers had to do with the connector for the small blue wire. Either type works on all waterboxers but you might have to change the end on the blue wire to match. The earlier model had a spade connector and the later had a small stud/nut to attach the blue wire. I have seen both types labeled AL33x so somewhere the distinction may have been dropped or someone messed up at the factory. The AL33x is supposed to have a "W" lead but not all of them do including a NOS one I have on the shelf. The latest AL33x units I have seen had the "W" lead and thus are the most universal of the replacements since they would work on diesels. Diesels use the "W" lead for engine rpm data for the tachometer and/or upshift indicator. Gasoline models don't care if the "W" lead is present or not.

Mark