Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:52:04 -0700
From:         jimt <camper2@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Sound Deadening a Vanagon

this fall i knocked off a bunch of the old factory undercoating and resprayed with a heavy rubberized type available from the FLAPS. also added a couple layers to other spots and coated a few areas that weren't before. was surprised in the noise changes. now have a whole bunch of new noises that i never heard before.

i have heavy rubber flooring in the mid bay and over the engine bay as well. these also deadened some noises. i also lined the back underneath the rear seat up against the engine bay with heavy rubber as well.

an experiment that i did last month revealed some interesting data. i had a noticeable difference in noises by filling the overhead cargo area and putting a tight cover on it and sealing the front of the pop top edge with duct tape. also did some other tests at the same time. in the spring i will be redesigning that area.