Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:01:31 -0800
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Marvel Mystery Oil
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

I agree with Stan on this one. The internals have looked better on the engines I have taken apart as well.

I would like to add that if you are adding MMO to your oil just before a change, I would not recommend reving the engine past idle. GUNK makes a product specifically for this purpose, pre change cleaning and the directions state very clearly to add the product when the engine is cold and allow to idle for 5 minutes maxium and than drain and proceed with oil filter change and adding of new oil.

It is my opinion that driving a van with too much oil and or thinning the oil substantially and driving at highway speeds for hundreds of miles will do more harm than good.

my 2 pennies.

dylan

Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote: The way to get the best results from Marvel Mystery oil is to put about a half quart in your crankcase and the other 16 oz in your gas tank and drive the car about 300 miles or less. This will clean your piston tops, undersides, ring lands, valves, combustion chambers, fuel injectors, crankcase etc. Then change your engine oil and don't bother with the MMO until you get ready for another oil change, then repeat the above process before you change it. I've found that engines treated in this way never develop that coffee colored stain in the crankcase interior and the fine particles of iron, aluminum, bronze wash out of your engine case and leave no residue. You'll never know how much cleaning it does until you pull down an engine that has had the MMO routine run on it for five or six oil change cycles.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Prendergast" To: Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:46 AM Subject: Marvel Mystery Oil

--------------------------------- Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.