Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:40:52 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: How to store WESTY for  LONG-TERM STORAGE (1yr+)??
Comments: To: loudesign@MINDSPRING.COM

Louize Chris wrote: I would change the oil just before parking so essentially clean oil is circulated just before parking. drain the water system. Remove the battery, service it with distilled water,bring it to a full charge, and store separately on a shelf, sitting on a board.

Replacing the air in the tires with nitrogen will reduce the tendency to dry rot.

Spray your rubber seals with silicone, and if possible store inside a storage unit- protects against the elements, and lowers the likely hood of rodent invasion.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver