Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:54:07 -0500
From:         Wesley Pegden <wes@CS.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: headlight relay installation problems...
Comments: To: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@telus.net>

Thanks for the clarification! I was quite confused---I always assumed that the "dimmer" switch was the headlight switch in the dash, so-called because of the variable resistor that "dims" the dash-lights. I feel foolish now!

That explains all of my problems, and completely clarifies why the instructions I had didn't make sense to me. For the record, the kit I have is the one Terry sells, and, with this new revelation, his kit is indeed straightforward to install, and the instructions are quite correct.

Thanks again, Wes