Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:11:20 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Title again please (PM)

Hey guys.... What should i read on a title??? someone faxed me a title, registration and driver licence as a proof of ownership yersterday....

Help me understand what i should read???? what is clear or not!!!!

This particular title show an issue date of 19/09/81 ??? the seller did put is driver licence over the left side where i think!! the owner name should be, also, the VIN # as a mistake, well, maybe it's just a bad scanning but still!!!

The thing is we don't have title in Canada, and am not use to "Read" those...

on the right side, it shows the "lienholder", date of lien and date of release and a second lienholder box, but there is nothing is those 2 box....

Why don't the title show's the curent owner name?????????? a date of ownership tranfer.... why his he hiding the owner name with his driver licence??? The odometer show 45500 mile on the title, the van show 78000miles, it seem to me like it's an old title??????

The registration show a VIN # of 2382017306 and the title clearly show the same VIN but with a 4 (four) instead of a 1 (one), why his he hiding the name on the title with his driver licence?? and the issue date is of 1981??? maybe am being paranoid here and i don't know heck about title but am trying to be careful

One last strange thing, the registration paper show and issue date of 09/02/2006 and an expiration date of 09/02/3006.........3006, a very clear 3 instead of a 2?????

I have no problem sending some of you a scan copy of that faxed title just so you can have look....

Thanks guys, Ben http://www.benplace.com/vw2.htm