Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:47:18 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Early Vanagon upholstery?
Comments: To: Jeff Palmer <icecoldvw@hotmail.com>

Hi Jeff,

The 1980 sales brochure lists two interior fabric colors for campers here is the direct word for word write up in the brochure:

Gazelle background multi-color "Boggie Woogie" cloth with Medium Blue and Assuan Brown exteriors

Van Dyck background multi-color "Boggie Woogie" cloth with Ivory exterior.

"Gazelle" is basically tan in color and "Van Dyck is a UPS van brown. As is mentioned above the Gazelle "Boogie Woogie came with westies that hade Blue or Brown exterior paint, and the Van Dyck "Boogie Woggie" came with Ivory westies.

I have two small photos I could scan towards the end of the week if you want a look see. Please let me know.

Thanks, Chris

On 12/3/05, Jeff Palmer <icecoldvw@hotmail.com> wrote: > Wow if you more info that would be great!! > > Thanks > Jeff > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Christopher Gronski" <gronski@GMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:46 PM > Subject: Re: Early Vanagon upholstery? > > > It sounds like the pattern that was in my 1980. It was called "Boogie > Woogie", I think I may have a brochure kicking around with the names > of some other patterns. I'll let you know Monday ish. > > Chris > > On 12/3/05, Jeff Palmer <icecoldvw@hotmail.com> wrote: > > Does anybody have a picture or know the name of the upholstery that came > in > > early Westfalias (maybe Vanagons too) -- 80-83 I think. It had sort of a > > rectangular pattern, with little blocks of different colours (neon too?) > I > > think it was found in L models, although maybe L's is all there was back > > then. > > > > Thanks > > Jeff > > brhures > > >