Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:17:42 -0500
From:         Thomas Myers <thomas.myers@XEROX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gasoline Leak! (and poll)

Markus -

Roger makes a good point that if you are running on your original fuel lines -

You should definitely put replacement of all of them on your list.

Aside from the lines however ­ on that side of the engine -

You have a metal T pipe by the distributor that may be the problem -

Or another place to look [ farther away] is your left fuel distributor rail.

They are plastic on the later models and can get brittle.

Definitely retighten your screw clamps. Factory non adjustable clamps are better

At the cold weather/ shrinking/ not coming loose later thing...[ you can get them from the dealer ]

­ but are not fun to put on.

And the plastic firewall hose junction should be on your list ­ replace or reroute around it.

Tom 90 westy Rochester, ny

From: Roger Van Till <rvantill@SBCGLOBAL.NET> Reply-To: Roger Van Till <rvantill@SBCGLOBAL.NET> Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:44:41 -0500 To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Conversation: Gasoline Leak! (and poll) Subject: Re: Gasoline Leak! (and poll)

Assume that it's all of your fuel lines and replace them all. Then in a year, retighten all of the clamps. Mine loosened up and started leaking again.

Roger Van Till '89 Westy "The Moose Lounge" '86 GL "Sugaree" '81 L "CoJack" www.busesbythebeach.com http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/rainfly.htm