Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:06:29 -0600
From:         Chuck Mathis <cmathis@HOUSTON.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: passing  emmission inspection---any advice on fuel additives,
              etc?
Comments: cc: gary goldey <clonestar7@YAHOO.COM>

Gary,

I had to deal with Ohio's e-Check for a couple of years before moving to Houston where I've had to put the van through four annual inspections with my '85 Wolfsburg.

Don't bother with additives. If the engine is running well it will pass. Even when my engine was running pretty rich it pass bay a hair. With a new Ox sensor and a little tuning it passes with flying colors - better than my '95 Honda Accord V6 even with a mysterious intermittent miss.

Check the timing, tweak the idle to within specs and make sure the engine is really well warmed up before you show up at the station.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg Westy - 'Roland the Road Buffalo'