Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:44:02 +1300
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Not ANOTHER tyre thread - Pirelli

>I thought I might comment after 12 months driving on a new set of Pirelli >Citynet Plus 195 R 14C tyres in my '82 Vanagon. > > > >When I was a young boy my father came home and said that he had put a set of >these new "radial ply" tyres on his car. He liked them, but said that the >only problem was that if he ran over a 20c piece (2 shilling piece in those >days) he could tell whether it was heads or tails. There was that much more >transferred from the road to the steering wheel. > > > >With these Pirellis on my VW, I can tell whether the Queen is smiling or >frowning. I am amazed at just HOW much of road surface undulations is >turned into sound or touch by these tyres. They seem to be wearing well, >but for the first time in my life I am very irritated by a set of tyres.

Like Michelin, Pirelli makes a full range of tires. Again like Michelin, at the bottom are budget tires which are to be avoided... not only do they offer no traction, but they split. Great! -- Andrew Grebneff Dunedin New Zealand Fossil preparator <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut

HUMANITY: THE ULTIMATE VON NEUMANN MACHINE

DEMOCRACY: RULE BY THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR