Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:36:44 -0800
From:         John Lavery <systems007@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Horn beeps when starting '87 Westy

First of all, thanks for all the great replies and ideas about how to bring extra fuel along in the Westy. I'm very glad I joined this list and hope to be able to help others in the future.

I’ve got an issue that I’m hoping someone can help me diagnose:

As I turn the key in the ignition and start the vehicle, sometimes (but not always), the horn beeps on and off in no particular pattern for a few seconds and then stops. This seems to happen only when I’m starting the vehicle; it has not (yet) happened while cruising along.

I’m completely at a loss as to where to begin diagnosing/fixing this problem. This problem just started a couple of days ago and seems to be happening more and more frequently.

BTW, there's no alarm system wired into the horn or otherwise. The only aftermarket electrical work of which I am aware is a keyless entry system.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.