Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:59:18 -0500
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      4sale roof luggage rack cargo bag

order quickly for delivery in time for Christmas, I only have a couple of these left.

Make use of your overhead luggage storage and keep your stuff bug free http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=193817

I have a cargo bag for your Westfalia or Riviera over head luggage rack, to hold your extra gear securely and moderately dry (it's NOT 100% waterproof, neither is GoWesty's) I've used mine all this past summer and had it thru some heavy rain while driving and can say that the water resistance on these roofpacks is great. it won't fill up with water. I mean don't pack your silk nighties, but your tables, chairs, even your Westy tent fits (according to Joel Cort ) stay neat, bug free and secure better then bungees. For those who put Fuel on the roofracks, I wouldn't put any gasoline cans inside it.. then again I wouldn't put gas in any container on the roof with bungees, not for my own safety but that of others in event of accident it becomes a volitile missle. and liability. just my $.02

made of brown duck backpack material and is quite durable, quite complimentary to the early and mid 80s brown vans though looks quite fine on the roof of a Titian Red syncro westy.

New in the box, never used (Used my own for photo purposes).

it's 5 cubic feet capacity 34in long by 18in wide and 14in tall. Not a large SUV sized roof bag like you can get @ mal-Wart that just doesn't fir the smaller Westfalia and Riviera roof racks. Very similar to the ones GoWesty sells for $99 (Thiers might be better, and silver. But you can have mine for $45 to your USA door AK $5extra) http://www.gowesty.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/new_vanobag.jpg it has 8 nylon straps with clips for your luggage rack anchors.. Bottom is a black slightly cushy non-abrasive and appears non-skid material

I'm asking $45 shipped. Continental USA only contact me via dosteven@syr.edu I ship USPS preferred. but UPS on request. I expect the few I have left to go quick act fast (paypal) and I'll have it in the mail before the end of the weekend. under your or your VW camping friend's tree before the 24th.

I accept Paypal, postal MO and cashier's checks, NO Personal checks. Cashier's checks must clear before delivery. if you don't paypal, best method is Postal MO, if i have to goto the PO, you can too.

Dan Stevens VW club of Central NY