Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:07:46 EST
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NY Vanagon to Pass California Smog Testing?
Comments: To: robertmstewart@mac.com

In a message dated 12/1/2005 8:23:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, robertmstewart@mac.com writes:

>Indeed in did post this question years ago but after I lost the van in the >fire it was postponed. Now I am about to buy another one I had to ask again >>as I forget the answer. Thanks to everyone who provided info on this!

Hey Rob--

I hope it didn't come across that I was annoyed by your post. Looking back at it the "I thought I remembered you posted you were moving out west," could be taken in the tone my Mom used to use when she had already asked me once and that seemed enough to her. (It rarely was. You think she would have figured that out. ...huh?)

I meant it in a "that's right, it's all coming back to me, I remember you posted a while back you were moving west" kind of way.

While we're on the subject there are a lot of Vanagons out here--most rust free. Of course the mileage may be higher than those in the east. But what I'm driving at is you might consider a purchase when you get here. Although you've probably considered it. I suppose you'd pay more out here, plus the walk from NYC might not be exactly practical. Bad enough you had to walk home from Rockefeller Center. All right, forget that idea.

[When I lived in NYC I found my bus in Maryland from a local newspaper listing former listee Sean Bartnick (I think was his name) posted to the list. I wonder if he got smart and bought himself an Odyssey to free up his Internet time.]

Anyway Rob, good luck with the search and the trip.

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA