Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Dec 2005 22:27:59 -0800
From:         Doug F <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Inverter at Radio Shack
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

I highly recommend the Costco unit. I purchased the 1000w inverter a couple years ago and installed it under the drivers seat and wired it directly to the 2nd battery with a cut over to the main batt so I can draw from one or both. The 1000w unit has worked flawlessly and will even start my 5350 btu window AC unit. I bought it in the Costco store for $69. It looks like they only have the 1750w unit now by way of their website. I will likely sell the 1000w unit for the 1750w down the road.

Costco price $199 Specifications:

a.. Maximum continuous power: 1500 watts b.. 5 minutes continuous power: 1750 watts c.. Peak surge capacity: 3000 watts d.. Recommended for use with a stand alone deep-cycle RV, marine or golf-cart battery e.. Dimensions: 9.4" W x 17.3" L x 3.2" H f.. Weight: 9.4 lbs. g.. Warranty: one-year LINK

http://tinyurl.com/b7mcy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Gronski" <gronski@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:53 PM Subject: Re: Inverter at Radio Shack