Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Dec 2005 01:01:08 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      PICS available of Adventurewagen Hightop roof transplant
Comments: To: Adventurewagen@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Gronski
          <gronski@gmail.com>, syncrodoublecabs@yahoogroups.com

Kim Q. (Big Boob) took HIS top off the other day. Get your mind out of the gutter. His phone spells B-I-G-B-O-O-B (no kidding). He unscrewed his hightop. Then his buddy Holger, yours truly, and my buddy Jero lifted it over to his Syncro.

What was left was a big hole in the donor van. The roof sat on top of his uncircum.. err... I mean uncut yellow Syncro bus. Looks great on there. Holger remarked that it remind him of home. You see I had my 88 Doka there in front of the two Vanagons. The yellow Syncro with the pale blue hightop look very much like the Post Office hightop buses that Holger remembers in Germany.

Anyway, so much for the nonsense. I took some PICS of the actual top transfer. Later strapped to the Syncro for transport to a local van conversion company for re-attachment. I think Kim had to sneak around to get this done before his wife came home from vacation. I will be posting the PICS in a webpage eventually. If someone is looking to see how it was done and how it is strapped to he receiving van, pmail me for PICS. (Chris Gronski?)

-- BenT