Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:38:13 -0500
From:         John Reddick <SVYOLO@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Zetec Conversion update

I really like the cheap, affordable engine conversion concept for the vanagon. It looks good, is turn-key, and fits under the lid. But 2K over a tiico conversion, I don't get it? The only thing I don't like about about the conversion is the price. I did my SVX conversion for 4500, I am doing a 2.5 right now for well under 3K. The 4 cylinder subaru conversion are pretty easy to do these days, and for a bunch less money. I really like the Zetec concept. I think its marketing is way off which will result in very few sold. I do wish Bostig well and I hope they make many vanagon owners even happier. My new 4 cylinder subaru conversion will require 7 holes drilled in my van. 4 for the mounts, 3 for the ECU. I will do the harness myself (4-600 bucks saved) but the rest I am buying from vendors. With an all new exhaust, and paying someone to do the harness, I would still be under 4k in parts, including the engine (although I did get a smokin' deal on the engine. I think Zetec could sell a lot of conversion parts to individuals. I think their conversion price is unrealistic, especially compared to a TIICO.

I.M.N.S.H.O.

John 87 Westy SVX

PS Lower the price 2K, and sell 5X more!!!