Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:53:57 -0500
From:         John Reddick <SVYOLO@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      FS - 2 WBXers

1 WBX, 87K miles. Very well traveled. Alaska to Mexico. A rebuild I bought from a dealer in 99. It burns 1 qt every 1200-1500 miles, and has since new. I did the head gaskets at 60K, there was no corrosion, studs were not torqued correctly. New gaskets and thats it. I have never called a tow truck for a Van powered by this engine. Includes 2.5 year old headers and anything else you want except the ECU, which I will sell for 50 bucks. The engine is on the east coast and I am asking 600. The other engine is in a syncro on the West Coast. I will sell the engine in 6-8 months. It was rebuilt about 10K ago by the owner of a VW shop for himself. He said he bumped up the compression slightly. It is by far the smoothest and best WBX I have driven. I hit 85 on the highway still accelerating in a non Westy Syncro. Gets 19 mpg in that vehicle at 70 mph. GREAT MOTOR. Just not as good as the SVX I will put in that vehicle in the late spring. Make me an offer and keep in touch on this one. I will deliver the first motor within 200 miles of Toms River,NJ, or ship it at your cost. I am only selling the motors as I have seen the light, and it is Subaru colored.

Pmail me if interested.

John 87 Westy SVX 91 GL soon to be 2.5, good used WBX for sale 86 Syncro with great WBX, but, alas, bound for an SVX