Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:21:55 -0800
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: WTB: Dash Instrument Cluster for '85 Westy
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

Sorry, Chris but that is bad advice. On the blue foil for 2.1 models BOTH oil pressure switch wires connect through the extra circuit board in the speedo and then back to the oil light. The cluster will "work" with that connector unplugged but the oil pressure warning light WON'T, ever! Not even when you first turn on the key.

On the 85 foils with the extra run of blue foil just taped out of the way that loose end does not have the actual connector soldered in. VW knew that foil was going in a 1.9 engine and made a slightly different version for it. That way the same base foil could be used for various models but finished differently as required by the engine type.

.Mark