Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:15:32 -0500
From:         "Bostig Eng." <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM>
Subject:      Zetec CA approval was: Vanagon Zetec Conversion update
Comments: To: Jon Brown <jbrown510@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Jon,

Thanks for this response. This is half the problem though... one of our interested folks in CA contacted BAR and they said that you have to have the TRANSMISSION from the vehicle as well... which is odd since I swear I;ve seen conversions with BAR stickers on them. In any case, we are looking for a CARB EO number so that customers won't have to fight with a BAR ref and spend an entire day getting inspected(which I hear can be the case if the ref had a fight with his wife). In any case, I believe we should be able to obtain the EO once we have the resrouces to do so. We need to get a few more of the conversions on the road and then bring a Zetec caravan to CA for your guys out there, and to stop by the various boards in person so they can't dodge our phone calls(apparently they only want to talk if I say I have about $10,000 ready right now to spend on the process). In any case, we were hoping that we could pull a CA Zetec list togther, and maybe help with some of the information gathering to speed things along.

Thanks,

Jim Akiba

At 09:59 PM 12/7/2005, Jon Brown wrote: >nstalled in. ie. if the motor could/would have been in a 2005 Ford Focus >then all you have to do is make sure you install every bit of emissions >equipment in your vanagon that was (would have been) in the 2005 Ford Focus. >ALL the emissions equipment means you need to use the SAME catalytic >converter or two as the case may be... multiple o2 sensors are also now >popular... check engine light... charcoal canisters... etc... etc... > >If you do all that and take it to a California BAR (Bureau of Automotive >Repair) referee they can verify everything and issue you a "green sticker" >and viola your legal in California and for ever one you'll be considered a