Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:39:53 -0800
From:         rpc <populuxe59@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: [wolfsburg_campers] Portable Dometic 120VAC/12VDC/Propane
              Refrigerator

I am an MV owner and felt I had to have a 3-way cooler so I could "feel the pain" of the full-camper folks. I snagged a DOMETIC RC2000 on an e-bay "buy it now" auction after looking for months. I love it. It will freeze contents if not careful. I liked the new ones but thought the RC2000 fit into the Grey westy/MV interior nicely. I think the wheels are now retractable unlike the RC3000. The wheels would be handy if your bringing your cooler into a motel overnight. The one thing I don't like is how the US type propane bottle is not integrated "on board" (on the RC2000, not sure about the others) even though there is a space for it in the back--I surmise these coolers are euro made and use the universal blue "gaz" bottle which would fit and connect in the limited space. These coolers are common and easy to get in Europe. Chris 90MV

John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM> wrote: On 12/14/05, Jon Brown wrote: > > Anybody find a model number for this thing? or more detailed specs? >

Appears to be a Dometic RC4000. stats for the 230v euro version here:

-- John Bange '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger"