Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:39:36 -0500
From:         Milo's Kitchen <sagmoore@ZOOMINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: update !! Help Needed DC - Baltimore Area Re: Vanagon.com

Is there a way to get a list of terms and their definitions index on Vanagon.com for newbies and veterans alike that deals with common automotive terms, such as "cranking" or "will not turn over" as opposed to "will not start".

When I hear something like "the engine won't crank", I think that the starter is not working. Obviously in the message below, the engine was "cranking", just not "starting", reference "(it did hit a few times)", which sounds to me like it was trying to fire.

I'm not picking on anyone's vernacular, I just think it would be good to develop a common reference, and post it to the main website.

Dave

As of around 6:00 pm a local VW expert is on his way out to help David,

Thanks,

Jonathan Poole