Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:26:11 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Welders in Denver?

Hi Folks,

I recently picked up a swivel seat base and am looking to have it welded in; I stopped by a body shop today and they told me it would take four hours of labor for cleaning and prepping the pedestal and laying welding blankets and doing the actual welding, so somewhere around $140.

The guy said that the carpet could stay in, but he was worried about burning the dash and headliner, and would really have to put some time into it.

(Forgive my ignorance of welding. I have no idea as to whether this guy was playing me for a fool or not, but it certainly felt suspicious.)

From reading in the archives, it sounds like most people didn't have any problems getting these things welded in, and didn't say anything about outrageous cost.

$130. Ouch. Does anybody know if this is a good figure? And/or does anybody in or around Denver know of somebody who could do this (much) cheaper?

Thanks, Joe T. '85 Wolfsburg Westy

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/