Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:59:46 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Bagawest Fiberglass Luggage Box
Comments: To: Paul Guard <gears@gte.net>, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hi All,

I doubt will get a chance to sell this on eBay before my trip but I will be parting with my beloved "Bagawest" fiberglass luggage box shortly.

As you may already know it is a aerodynamically shaped locking fiberglass box that fits in the front lugage rack of a westy. I use it to carry everything that I want to have in the van "just in case" but do not necessarily need ready access to. I emptied the entire contents under the rear seat into it, and still had room for 150' of hose, a gallon of coolant, a gallon of washer fluid, and a gallon of oil, 12' one gauge jumper cables, a folding chair, the bra for the van, a folding shovel, and probably some other things I cannot remember. It is a LOT of extra storage, at the price of easy garage clearance, but I park outdoors so it has never been a problem for me. It is super easy to attach / detach, takes about five minutes and all you need is a wrench (no drilling). Ease of access depends on your height. With the pop top up you can easily access the door through the pop top window (but I'm only 5'8" so I usually have to stand on something if I am looking deep inside the Bagawest for something. I have not noticed any significant change in milage or top speed. I paid $500 Canadian a few years ago for it, its still in good shape.

Chris

On 12/15/05, Paul Guard <gears@gte.net> wrote: > Hi Chris > > I am interested in learning more about your fiberglass box -- > > Thanks, > > Paul > paulguard@prodigy.net >