Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:46:15 -0800
From:         Jon Brown <jbrown510@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [syncro.org] Re: Oversized Spare Tire Rack?
Comments: To: eric abercrombie <ericsaddress@cox.net>

Even with a decoupler, wouldn't this be hard on the differential?

Sometimes I ask stupid questions that expose my ignorance... hence the fire retardant underwear...

----- Original Message ----- From: eric abercrombie To: syncrolist@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:27 PM Subject: [syncro.org] Re: Oversized Spare Tire Rack?

I'm very happy with Gary's tire carrier.

If you have a decoupler, you can keep the stock spare tire which you can install and drive in decoupled mode until you get the larger tire patched/replaced.

Just another option to consider..

cheers

eric

--- In syncrolist@yahoogroups.com, Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@c...> wrote: > > Hi All > > Since I am now running LT215-75-R15 tires on my Syncro, I could use > your help in deciding how to deal with the oversized spare tire issue. > Namely, what's the best way to store the darn thing? Get an Oversized > Spare Tire Carrier (to replace the clamshell) like the one Van Cafe > sells for $90, or spend the $420-$685 to get one of those rear mount > racks? I sort of ruled out using a roof rack basket due to garage