Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:07:28 -0800
From:         Philip Zimmerman <philzimm1@OBERON.ARK.COM>
Subject:      weird things happening (peripheral VC)

Joy,

Let me officially welcome you back to the West (left (perhaps politically)) coast.....

All those strange noises out of your radio were specially propagated for you out of area 51.... and Mark Drillock wiring your Acc. circuit to your aux batt at The Bus Pilots Reunion in September......... Wiring gremlins can attack at any moment???

Additionally, we (meaning me alone) has sped-up time for you so you will not arrive late at Buses at the Bridge!

Enjoy San Francisco......

Phil Z.

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:26:08 -0500 From: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU> Subject: weird things happening (peripheral VC)

------=_Part_232_6881917.1135376768644 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I've had two things weird happen in my van lately, was wondering if either = has happened to anyone else.

First - while driving, I'm listening to the radio, and I plug my cellphone = charger into the cigarette lighter to charge the phone. All of the sudden = I'm getting truly weird spacey noises on the radio - like creepy sounds fro= m a really old sci-fi movie (think "Planet 9 from Outer Space") or maybe so= meone playing a theramin (sp?). Unplug the cellphone charger and they're g= one.=20

Second - While not driving, I plugged in my clock-radio in the evening to m= y (cheap) inverter and thence into my extra battery. Set the clock, but in= the morning it's half an hour fast. The first time it happened, I figured= I'd set it wrong, but the second time I realized it wasn't me.

Anyone seen either of these phenomena before?

Joy=20

(who has finally made it to the west coast and is now having fine soup and = high-class beer in a pleasant gallery/caf=C3=A9/theater with free wifi on M= arket St in SF. YIPPEE!!! No more desert! No more ice, blowing snow, gus= ting winds, 4-degree weather, or inability to breathe due to altitude and h= orribly dry air! Let's hear it for 100% humidity, 60-degree temp, 37-foot = elevation!)