Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:38:07 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: tube bumpers
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

.....even better repairs made using kevlar/military S-glass and Gougeon Bros. West System Epoxy. Available from a friend of mine in Mustoe Virginia. www.johnrsweet.com He buys surplus and military contractor seconds that would fail Nasa and military testing, but work just fine for boat repairs and automotive applications. The epoxy is pretty much the same price everywhere(haven't checked ebay), has an incredible shelf life, pumps for no hassle measuring ratios, and virtually no odor.

John also sells a variety of graphite cloths, resin colorants, neoprene foams, minicell, fiberglass tools, and yes, the vinylester and polyester resins if you want to go the cheap route.

For those of you that paddle whitewater and are familiar with the Gauley River in W.VA, Sweets Falls on the lower run was named for him as he was one of several on the first descent way back in the 70's and he apparently was the first to run that drop.

No financial interest here, just a loyal customer besieged by excellent customer service over the last 15 years or so.

DM&FS