Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:01:34 -0330
From:         Phil Menchions <pmenchions@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: ET 45 alloys
Comments: To: Evan Mac Donald <macdonald1987@sbcglobal.net>

I have the same setup. Yes the spacers on the front wheels can be a pain. The dowels are a good idea. Even better would be simply fastening the spacers to the wheels, one would think. My 2 cents worth.

Phil '89 Westy

On 12/25/05, Evan Mac Donald <macdonald1987@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > > I am currently running ET 45 5x112 Audi 5000 alloys, and the only problem > that I had was finding long enough bolts for the front, because of the > approx. 10mm spacer that needed to be installed. I found nice long studs for > the rear, and redrilled the wheel hubs to accept the larger splining. But > the rear did not need the spacers, only the front. I figured out a trick, > too, for reinstalling the fronts. I keep two pieces of wooden dowel, sized > just large enough to fit in the bolt holes of the front rotors. This keeps > the spacers and wheels mostly in place over the holes while I start the > bolts! After I get the first two bolts in place, the dowels can be removed. > Saves lots of frustration. > Oh, and another thing to watch out for - the center hole size! The front > hubs on a 2WD Vanagon need about a 66mm hole for clearance of the dustcap > for the bearings. I also had to have the holes in these Audi wheels opened > up so they would fit on the front. > > Mark C <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM> wrote: > hey, what do you think of the ET 45 15x7 spoke wheels??? > > they're calling them vanagon wheels, but wasn't vanagon ET30??? > > How do you put a ET45 on?? > > Were these really eurovan wheels?? > > Can they handle the weight?? > > Has anyone put these on??? > > > > > Evan Mac Donald > > 1984 Wolfburg > 1985 GL 7 Pass. > 1991 Carat Weekender > 1972 Chevy P/U > 1993 Bonneville >