Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:48:54 -0500
From:         Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nokian Tires
Comments: To: obeechi@RUNBOX.COM

They have no problem running in snow and ice without studs. If you're running on ice and snow all the time on poor roads then you could get them studded. The C2 is supposedly more of a 'year-round' tread compound, and the CQ is more of a winter-only compound. That's the way I understand it anyway. They feel good running at any speed. I've run 75 - 80 mph for many hours at a time and they have no problem with it. They do get a high pitched whine after running a while, but it's not too bad. I am getting excellent tread life from my set of C2s. You can check the archives for a lot of discussion of these tires. -Hans

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark C" <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:38 AM Subject: Re: Nokian Tires

You know I've never driven in the snow.., so with these tires without studs.., its no problem in the snow??? or ice?? or water?? and since you use them year round, can you take them up to 75 mph on the freeway with no problem.., I mean they feel good runing hi speed?? and.., what kind of life do these tires offer, how many miles.., I'm kinda intrigued that I've never really been aware of these tires before.., the company has stock sized tires for a vanagon, the 185R14's.., in three different tires.., they must like vanagons in Finland..,

----- Start Original Message ----- From: Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Nokian Tires

----- End Original Message -----