Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Dec 2005 06:54:53 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sound System Suggestions needed
Comments: To: Michael Edwards <medwards1@TRIAD.RR.COM>

If it were mine, I'd measure it's thickness and if it would fit I'd put it under the driver's seat.

In a 7 passenger, access to the underseat area is no problem but in a Westy, you might have to cut out the metal at the upper front of the seat pedestal ... which I would certainly do for such a nice powered subwoofer.

Mike '84 GL 7 pass '85 GL Westy

Michael Edwards wrote: > "exactly wher ere the tweeters on the dash?" > > A lot of speakers these days are actually two different speakers in one. > Inside the main body of the speaker is a "tweeter" for the high end sound. > On many models these tweeters can be mounted separately. Tweeters are also > sold separately as components of a larger system. The problem with these > tweeters is they are not recessed like the factory speakers and actually > protrude beyond the speaker mounting surface and interfer with the dash, > window crank, or both. Some people deal with this by mounting the tweeters > apart from the main speaker and then they have a flush mount speaker. > > While we're on the topic... > I recently picked up this Kenwood Sub/amb combo. > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2B4j5cftiEf/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=kenwood+sub&i=113KSCSW1 > > Does anyone have any suggestions on mounting locations for an 87 Westy? I > don't want to put it under the rear seat for two reasons. > Fist, it's already packed under there. The rear heater takes up so much > space I don't want to give up any more. > Second, on long trips it's nice to turn the fader up front so the driver > can > have music but passengers and dogs can sleep without boom, boom bass under > them. > I was hoping there might be an option somewhere under the dash, but have > never had my dash apart to explore options. > Anyone have any suggestions? Ive heard there is some space above or behind > the glove box, but would prefer to center as much as possible? > What's immediately behind the center plastic piece that goes to the floor? > Thanks, > Mike >