Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:03:02 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon Mouse, er, RAT!!!!

Alright, alright, alright already!!!

It looks like a RAT!! :-\

Geez Lueeze!!!

Everybody ..........It looks like a rat!!!!

So now we ALL know he's a rat of some sort, I confess he looks very suspiciously like Rattus rattus.

Rattus rattus is also known as the black rat, and is found on all continents except Anartica. . He is cometimes confused with Rattus norvegicus, or the Norway rat, which really is not a rat with a Norwegian accent, but rather a Bejing accent. He just lives in Norway, his second home. From there, he sent his sons and daughters first all over Europe, and then to the rest of the world. The first Norway rats showed up in the new world around 1770.

The two can be confused, but the Norway rat is generally a bit bigger, and brown/grey while Rattus rattus is black. They can be be further differentiated by the temporal ridges. Straight on the the Norwegian rat, curved on the black rat. Norway rat also has no hair on the ears and tail. He is also grown and bred for whiteness and sold as housepets.

AND GET THIS!!!!!............both Rattus rattus and Rattus norvegicus are members of the MOUSE FAMILY!!! Yea!

And there you have it. Everything you didn't want to know about rats!!!

Now we need a name and I am open to suggestions. Mail some recomendations to me for review. Be sure and put Vanagon Mouse in the subject line. If I get a bunch of names, I will compile a list and then put it out for a vote.

Please participate, Volks. I would like this to be fun, and to come up with a good name that sticks.

If you would like to take another look, here is how to get there.

Go to:

http://webpages.charter.net/jhr/ Click ENTER (pause) Click on my picture (pause) Click on Miscellaneous in the bottom left frame (Pause) Click on Vanagon Mouse

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver