Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:43:12 -0800
From:         Mark C <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Control Arm Bushing Squeak?,
              and a solution to overspray on your dash?
Comments: To: davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM

I bought some stuff for that.., I'll have to look at the can later for the name.., but its by the same company that sells PB Blaster.., whose canister is covered with cartoonish looking information.., the PB Blaster.., I bought for unsticking my keylocks.., but its really too thin for that.., it has capillary action so they say., and will crawl everywhere uphill and downhill.., and doesn't evaporate.., but my lock seems to be a little more awkard to turn, like I have to be delicate in turning it.., though it did make it possible to open the rear hatch with a key..,

The other stuff, the one you're looking for.., says that it drys so it can't or doesn't attract dust and dirt.., but that it is good for high pressure lubrication.., and specifically mentions bushings as well as garage door springs.., I actually sprayed some on my dash, which was speckled with just enough overspray from a paint job to make me wince every time I see it.., and it did improve the finish of my dash somewhat.., nice matte luster.., though I had to smell and unfortunately breath fumes for a few days as it was drying.., (this morning I sprayed some silcone lube on it, which says its good for that type of thing.., (bought it for my key locks..,) and the dash in that area looks instantly much worse.., the overspray is once again way too visible.., [the bushing spray.., was and is much better looking.., but not perfect.., was going to spray several applications and let it dry inbetween to get a more even finish.., at night though, even that one application made me feel really good about the dash.., I like its contours..,]

I have wondered if shoe polish might work on the dash too...,

----- Start Original Message ----- From: Dave Vickery <davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Control Arm Bushing Squeak?

----- End Original Message -----