Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:34:17 -0800
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A tale of two Bentleys
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@knology.net>

VW often changes the "snippets" of their publications (many of which are done by Bentley) without changing dates, so it's not all that surprising that the dates that appear are the same in the Bentley publications themselves.

Publishing update dating isn't near as accurate as say, computer software update dating (ie: V1.0, V1.065, V2.01 with appropriate/corresponding dates). In many respects, some parts of print publishing is still in the "stone age". <grin> -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com See You At Buses By The Bridge! :-) ********************************** On 1/5/06, Jim Felder <felder@knology.net> wrote: > > But both had the same publication date and editorial cutoff date... > > ??? > > Jim > On Jan 5, 2006, at 12:45 PM, ROBERT DONALDS wrote: > > > Jim and fellow vanagon types > > Bentley up dates the manual when they see a need > > the book without is older and the book with is newer > > B Bob > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Felder" <felder@KNOLOGY.NET> > > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:25 PM > > Subject: A tale of two Bentleys > > > > > >> I followed up on the earlier discussion as to where or not there is a > >> waterboxer cylinder layout in the Bentley. Alert member Rod Smith > >> found > >> it chapter and verse and sent me a scan to prove it. > >> However, I scanned the same page in my same-edition Bentley and it's > >> clearly not there, as is obvious even on the coolant-tainted pages > >> that > >> taught me not to keep a Bentley under the rear seat with a rear heater > >> core leak. > >> The curious can view them at <http://www.knology.net/~felder/Vanagons> > >> Scroll down to "A tale of two Bentleys." > >> Jim >