Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Jan 2006 03:50:10 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How much would this cost
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

The strange thing is I had test-driven a 1985 Vanagon GL, on a whim more than anything, earlier the same Sunday that the timing belt on the Scirocco 16V broke. Desperate for a vehicle, I went and drove the Vanagon again the next day. It was big and boxy and slow, but I was moving out of my apartment that week and found myself needing something big and boxy. (Slow was a bonus.)

I went ahead and bought it from a married firedancer couple who performed at carnivals and state fairs around the West; they had also lived in this Vanagon in a parking garage in San Francisco for six months prior to moving to Denver. Very interesting folks.

To sign over the title, they had me come down to their basement and sit on reed mats with them. They lit incense and we did the paperwork. When we came back outside, they asked for a few moments with Bessie (the Vanagon) before I took her away. They acted as though were giving up a beloved pet. I thought it was a bit odd at the time, but years later when I sold that Vanagon, I requested a moment alone before she took off, too.

I forgot what my point was. Oh--a Scirocco addiction was cured, and an even more debilitating Vanagon addiction began.

Joe T.

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/