Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:59:46 +0000
From:         Doug Bryant <dnhb@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      FS: '91 Vanagon GL in Boston, MA

Hi All,

I have a white 91 Vanagon GL with standard transmission that has been sitting in my yard for maybe 2 years now in the Boston, MA area. The mileage is in the 130,000's and I'm the original owner. I took it off the road when it needed an upper control arm bushing and brake work which I was told would cost $1000. I originally thought I would repair it eventually but that doesn't seem to be happening so it makes sense to sell it.

I think it's in good enough condition to get back on the road as opposed to dismantling for parts. It got two new VW heads for the usual reason at about 80k. The muffler was replaced just before it was taken off the road. The exterior is in pretty decent shape rust wise. Some visible under the paint at the seams and at a few rock dings. It has all that plastic (or is it fiberglass?) around the bottom, although some of it has cracks. It's pretty dirty right now. Although, the tires are the right kind for the Vanagon (steel wheels by the way, sorry) and are probably half worn, I would assume they'd be a little flat spotted after sitting so long. I also have 3 extra steel wheels with studded Nokia snow tires on them.

The interior (gray) also needs cleaning right now as my kids use it as a play house. It has floor mats even in the back, though, so underneath is actually perfect. Seats have no tears and are in good shape. The fold down rear "bed" is in good condtion also. It has a decent cassette radio that can go with it. It has AC parts but not surprisingly, it is not working.

I really have no idea how much it's really worth at this point. My expectations are not high and I'm open to best offer. Obviously, it will have to be towed away. I'm hoping someone will want it to fix and drive but obviously have no control over that. I'm NOT willing to part it out myself. I was able to jump start it a year ago, but tried just now without success. It turned over slowly but that's it.

If you're interested or have questions, please let me know.

Thanks, Doug dnhb@comcast.net