Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:49:19 -0800
From:         Brian Tipsword <nobleman1962@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Hanging a propane tank ~ for sans tank vanagons

Hello!

I am kinda poking around for interest in this subject. I just pulled out my interior and flooring to find out all there is to know about the floor of the van.

It appears that the LP tank utilizes only two of the threaded holes in the floor. To dispell conjecture, I took a look at a crusty Ol' hacked up Westy at the local bone yard and the threaded studs are acutally through bolts from the top.

So, tomorrow I head to Cascade Nut & Bolt and buy myself four grade eight 10mm x 1.5 pitch bolts (approx 2" extending below the floor line) ~ 6 nuts (4 nylocks - 2 non) four large hardened flat washers and a small tube of sealant.

If anyone wants, I will post pics of my install complete with specs on the hardware I actually end up with (the tank is sparklin' new from GoWesty).

If this isn't of interest I won't break out the digital camera and will jus' do this :-)

What say the masses? Brian