Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:48:57 -0500
From:         robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Question - RE: Vanagon Seams & Sealing them up for good...
              Amended with new info.
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>,
          John Meeks <vanagon@gmail.com>

The van has an amazingly thick black rubber coating on the underside of the entire van, I have to check the sides of the van wall edge. Thanks for the info.

Overall I think I will check behind the existing seams for further rust if they are not already covered with the black rubber coating. Then I will use the POR15 coating, then the resin filler patch they have, then finally sand it down the spray it with POR15 Silver topcoat spray. I am hoping this will keep the rust out for a while.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Ps was the list serv down over the weekend? I did not any emails...

-- Rob NYC/Long Beach, NY 88 Wolfsburg, Silver