Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:05:54 -0800
Subject:      Re: here is a stumper....two VIN's on the dash???  anyone ever
              heard         ...
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

European vehicles do not have a VIN on the dash. So having two factory VINs on the dash is really a strange thing or it would be a reassigned VIN number. The fact that it is Robertson screws really shows that it was done in Canada. The fact that the US / Canadian stickers on there shows that something not right happened too. If it is in the USA and has a title, I would shut up and be happy about it. Sort of reminds me of a Jaegerwagen that I saw with a CMVSS sticker on the door jam and a transplanted EPA sticker on the engine lid with bubbles in it and the corners coming off of it. A clear example of a vehicle getting the "witness protection program" done to it, which in this country is a criminal offence!

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

Internet http://www.fastforward.ca Email sales@fastforward.ca

- Engine Conversions and Accessories for classic water-cooled Volkswagens - Electrical harness fabrication and customization

Due to the large quantity of email we receive, please include previous email correspondence when replying. This will allow us to read the full dialogue in one message so that we may provide you a quicker and more accurate response.