Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:06:28 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: running problems, 2.1
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

Dennis,

So yoiu are saying that the problem I have been having - 2.1L runs a bit, starts missing, gets progressively rough, almost to the point of stalling completely, then when I quickly turn the ignition off and back on, it clears and runs smooth for a little bit, then starts all over - that scenario is the consequence of a faulty O2 sensor circuit - connections, continuity, bad O2 sensor.whatever - but it is in that circuit????

I hope it is that easy. It will bring a close to a lot of aggravation I have had this week.

BTW, I have a brand new O2 sensor, but as always connections are suspect. But it did work just fine until I put in a new water pump!!

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver