Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:18:15 -0500
From:         Green Westy <thegreenwesty@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Short shift kit for sale
Comments: To: tiico@yahoogroups.com

I purchased a Berg shift kit from Van-Cafe last summer for my 91 Vanagon. I installed this past fall and like the shortened throw. I did NOT get the kit with the shift lever extension. Here is a link to the kit.

http://www.van-cafe.com/vanagonparts.jsp?pa=p&p=462173154&pct=1036928546& ct=1864445165

I also had the tranny rebuilt and a taller fourth gear installed by AA Transaxle. There is aprox about 5,000 miles on the rebuild. The shift kit maybe 1,000 miles. I used regular gear oil for the trannys first 1,000 miles and then changed to redline as suggested by Daryl. I have had zero problems with this tranny. I have all reciepts and Daryl from AA Transaxle can verify it was rebuilt by him. He can also verify the taller 4th. Which is great for saving gas on the highway (or going faster if you have a engine transplant). My latest idea is to install a euro five speed. I will offer the Berg shift kit for sale first and when the new tranny comes offer the 4speed for sale. I'll have the shift kit available for sale next week as I need to remove it first. Then the tranny later this winter. I am also open to trades with the shift kit. Its in perfect shape.

Bill M Mystic,CT 91 Tiico GL

___________________________________________________ Try the New Netscape Mail Today! Virtually Spam-Free | More Storage | Import Your Contact List http://mail.netscape.com