Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:34:11 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: hose clamp pliers; was: Re [VANAGON] HELP 85gl 1.9l h-pipe
              leak
Comments: To: don spence <dkspence@TELUS.NET>

That would certainly be better than nothing. I have the dedicated spring clamp pliers (cable actuated) by Craftsman and they allow me to work with clamps, that are in hard to reach areas, with ease.

Mike

don spence wrote: > Al > Assuming you have access to a grinder..... take a pair of ordinary > pliers and grind a groove in both halves deep and wide enough to > securely hold the spring clamp from slipping. > Too easy. > On 19-Jan-06, at 12:13 PM, Automatic digest processor wrote: > >> Subject: hose clamp pliers; was: Re [VANAGON] HELP 85gl 1.9l h-pipe >> leak >> >> I'm convinced of the superiority of the spring clamps. I personally >> use >> a Knipex Cobra or Alligator pliers to install/ remove them. It works, >> but it's not the RIGHT tool. (It often slips off and results in much >> frustration/ cursing. on my part!) Please give us your opinions as to >> your favorite tools for the task >> Al Brase > >