Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:46:14 -0800
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: how was this poptop added?

Yes, that is why I said that the permanent upper bed doesn't fit. I have not heard of anyone getting it all up there without cutting a larger hole in the roof. Some part of it must be stored somewhere else besides the covered area above the metal part of the roof . Loosing almost half of the already none too thick foam is a compromise but workable for some. Having the wood stick out into the opening is a small compromise as well. Keeping the upper cushions downstairs when the top is down is the other way to go but not perfect either. If my friend Mike still lived close by I would try some ideas and perhaps achieve it. I think that notching the wood to fit lower over the ridges would help enough with thinner foam so that the front wood could hinge over the rear section like a Westy bed. I would want to use a very high grade of foam though.

Mark