Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:35:12 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Source for black window seals w/o moulding groove
Comments: To: "JordanVw@aol.com" <JordanVw@aol.com>, rich.jones@cogeco.ca

Rich - I am sure i have at least SOME of the seals you need. I'll check.

Chris - I've removed side rear and side middle windows without cutting the seal or breaking the glass, its ridiculously easy. I've done this on both my '86 syncro westy (sans vents) and a newer passenger van (with the vents). Basically you just work a couple of screwdrivers around the inside seal, folding it back as you go. The window just pops out so have someone on the other side to catch it.

BTW I'll gladdly sell any listee these rear window with sponge vents from the later vans if anyone feels like upgrading.

Chris

On 1/21/06, JordanVw@aol.com <JordanVw@aol.com> wrote: > In a message dated 1/21/06 1:27:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, > rich.jones@COGECO.CA writes: > > > > ) I've decided to ditch the window seals with moulding grooves and their > > yellowing plastic "chrome" inserts and have bought all new seals without > > moulding grooves from GoWesty. The problem is that the rear side window seals are > > grey, while the rest of them are black. See the photo here: > > http://home.cogeco.ca/~thejoneses/ > > > > I called GoWesty and they said that the grey ones are the only ones they can > > get, though they did offer a refund if I decide to return them. Then I > > called OEVeedub and ordered another set of rear side seals, since they assured me > > that theirs were black, not grey. I guess this is all subjective though, > > since theirs were just as grey as the ones from GoWesty. So now I have two sets > > of grey seals (four in all). > > > > > > hmmmm.... first of all..theyre not "grey" . theyre black and new rubber > comes w/ a powedered coating on it. just CLEAN it. wipe them down with windex > or armor all or whatever. youll see what i mean . :<) > > secondly, good luck finding these used. when you remove a rear side window, > you either have to: > -break the glass to save seal > or > -cut the seal to save the glass. > and '89 up has the vent thing at the back so i think the seals may be > different.. > > chris >